Saul Darte, Region 4
1711 Campus Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Consists Of The Following:
Los Angeles and Orange counties.
Region News & Upcoming Events:
- Are you retiring? As you think about this milestone in your lives, think about who will be taking your place in the special education classroom that you vacate. Wouldn’t it be great to welcome a new special educator with a membership to CARS+? If you are interested in being a part of our ‘Pay It Forward’ program, contact me and we will set you up! It is as easy as purchasing a membership for a new teacher to get their first (or second or third) year off to a good start.
- As the school year comes to a close, many of you have been recognized for the wonderful job you have done and do each and every day. CARS+ wants to know about your recognition. Please contact me and let me know how you were recognized. We need to toot our own horns.
- I know it is far away, but keep in mind that our next Convention will be in beautiful San Diego on February 18, 19 and 20. A benefit of your membership is a reduced convention cost and terrific training. Spread the word.
- Let me know, as always if you have any questions!
Title: Resource Specialist
Department: DirectEd Specialized Services
Our Resource Teacher positions enable educators to focus on the aspect of delivering instruction in a small group, or within the general education environment through a collaborative model along with monitoring student progress towards IEP goals. Resource Teachers within DirectEd do not coordinate, develop entire IEP’s or facilitate them. Caseloads are manageable to ensure that quality services are delivered to students that address their needs. New grads are welcome to apply.
DirectEd is passionate about special education and believes in supporting all employees in achieving success. Being a member of our team includes:
- Ongoing mentoring, supervision and professional development
- We provide all necessary testing kits and materials
- Team approach to problem-solving
- Schedules tailored around your needs
- Competitive wages based on proficiencies and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree of higher with valid California Special Education Teaching Credential that includes Autism and CLAD Authorizations.
- Teaching experience at various grade levels and with special needs students both in and outside of the general educations setting.
- Skills to motivate special education students in one or more areas and to communicate and build rapport with individuals from varied backgrounds
- Knowledge of Common Core Standards, curriculum, education code and Special Education Law
- Ability to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with students, parents and school personnel
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, and meet scheduled deadlines
- Knowledge of subject are and instructional methodologies/techniques, English language Development, and Computer technology
- Experience with Welligent
- Experience writing Individual Educational Plans (IEPs).
- Experience delivering services in a learning lab is preferred
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
Salary Range: $46,320-$52,496 annually DOE
- Paid sick, vacation and holidays
- Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
- Employer Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Reimbursement for cell phone, computer, home office and mileage
- Weekly Direct Deposit
DirectEd is a Non Public Agency that services charter schools in the greater Los Angeles area. Our mission is to be partners in education with the schools we service by offering a full spectrum of special education solutions to our clients. We are seeking providers who appreciate being part of a team that works towards developing quality programs at the schools we serve.
How to Apply: www.direct-ed.net/apply
Assistant Professor- Special Education – Pacific Oaks College & Children’s School
click here to download the complete job description
Resource Specialist-Special Education Credential-Mild to Moderate Required
Pay Rate: 47K Annual Salary
We have Temp-on-Call Resource Specialist Positions available in the following areas:
San Fernando Valley
Santa Clarita Area
San Gabriel Valley
Los Angeles Area
Long Beach Area
Antelope Valley Area
For these positions a Special Education Credential –Mild to Moderate is required and the pay rate is 19.00 per hour
To apply or for additional information please contact Lisa @ firstname.lastname@example.org call @ 626-921-8259.
Chapter Contact Information:
Email: Nancy Lough
Phone: None at this time.
Fax: None at this time.