Vacant | Job description available for download by clicking here.
Region 7 is currently in need of a LEARNING DISABILITIES SPECIALIST. Please click here for more information
Consists Of The Following:
Siskiyou, Modoc, Shasta, Lassen, Tehama, Plumas, Glenn, Butte, Sierra, Colusa, Sutter, Yuba, Nevada, Placer, Yolo, Sacramento, El Dorado, Humboldt, Trinty, and Del Norte counties.
Region News & Upcoming Events:
- Region 7 was very proud to be a supportive part of this year’s convention in Sacramento. Local CARS+ members helped with the CARS+ store, registration and were generally available to help attendees have a pleasant experience at the convention.
- Two exciting opportunity for CARS+ members:
- The “Janny Latno – Grant for Quality Programs” offers an individual stipend of $500 annually. Apply now. Applications are due by December 15, 2011.
- Diana Blackmon Transition Scholarship:
Interns and teachers in their first five years, who are working at the secondary level or in middle schools, who are members of CARS+, and who are using the Transition to Adult Life document and/or CD are eligible to apply for this CARS+ award. Includes a one-year extension of your CARS+ membership and a free convention registration fee. Deadline Dec. 15 2011.
To download applications please look under grants.
- TRUE CARS+ continues to meet the 3rd Thursday of each month in the district office of Twin Rivers Unified School District. However you do not need to be an employee of Twin Rivers to be a member of TRUE CARS. The chapter also has members from San Juan Unified School District and Elk Grove Unified School District. This chapter has organized guest speakers and events that special education teachers find beneficial. For more information please contact Jane Pena or Paula Ramsey.
Chapter Contact Information: