CARS+ Membership signup is available though either of the two following options:
There are many benefits of membership in CARS+
- CARS+ Chapters and Region Events throughout the state offer opportunities for networking, professional development and information closer to home.
- The SPECIAL EDucator, a magazine-formatted publication, is mailed to each member’s home four times a year with the latest up-to-date information on special education issues in California.
- CARS+ members receive reduced rates for the annual convention held every February. This convention offers information, inspiration, networking and professional growth opportunities as well as professional development points for H.O.U.S.S.E. for all special education teachers.
- The Legislative Committee of CARS+ is your voice in Sacramento. It provides up-to-date information to members, presents information to legislators, and offers you the opportunity to be part of the legislative process on special education issues.
- The CARS+ Grants, awarded annually, help members enhance the quality of ongoing special education instruction and encourage the development of creative new programs.
- CARS+ maintains close communication with the Special Education Division of the California Department of Education, the Advisory Commission on Special Education, the State Board of Education, the Partnership Committee on Special Education and other professional education organizations
CARS+ Membership is available on the following two levels:
Active Membership – $75.00
A certificated individual who is currently a Resource Specialist, Special Education Teacher, or other Specialist who works with teachers and special education students in an educational setting. Resource Specialists/Special Education Teachers on a one-year leave of absence, non-specialist assignment, administration or study, retain the right to Active membership for one year. Resource Specialists and Special Education Teachers may retain Active membership status for five years after retirement.
- Four magazines per year
- CD of the CARS+ Handbook of Goals Aligned to the California State Standards
- Secondary Transition Goals CD
Associate Membership – $60.00
Administrators, other professional educators including educational therapists, psychologists and speech and language therapist, retired teachers, or special education credential candidates not in paid teaching assignments. Parents, paraprofessionals, and all others who support the goals and purposes of CARS+.
- Four magazines per year.